Less than 48 hours away!

Hey All,

I am so excited that our new season starts up in about 48 hours!  I will post the weeks workouts tomorrow, but first we need to go over a few things.

If you have NOT registered, please do so immediately!  Registration info can be found here.

Our first practice I expect to be pretty chaotic, FYI.  We have a bunch of new people joining the team.  WELCOME!  and its going to take a few days to get the lanes figured out.  I know a lot of you are creatures of habit and I encourage you to go to your usual lanes of choice for Day 1.  PLEASE KEEP IN MIND......I will be eventually placing you in a lane, which may or may not be your usual location.

Since we have a lot to do on Day 1, I want to share with you now what has been going on in my life recently.

A little over a week ago my niece (Brother's daughter, 16 months old) came down with a simple cold that quickly spiraled out of control.  She has been in critical condition since last weekend and is fighting so bravely for her life right now.  This has been the hardest week of my life to date.  She is getting better, but the road to recovery is going to be incredibly long and difficult.  Life for our family is going to continue to be a struggle for longer than any of us would like.

I have to be completely honest, I am tired.  I am tired mentally, physically and more than anything emotionally.  We have found strength however through each other and the community we live in.  The outpouring of prayers and caring thoughts has been over whelming to say the least.

In the midst of all this horror and disbelief, I have been looking forward to reuniting with my Masters family.  You may think that sounds crazy (you newbies will understand soon enough, I promise), but I am inspired every time I see you guys discover what you are capable of.  You guys give me so much strength!

You can find out more about my dear niece, Emmy, here:

http://emersonroessler.blogspot.com/

She has been receiving wonderful emails from people we know and even from complete strangers across the globe (I am not kidding).  One such email contained this quote:

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.


                               -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I know that many of you are scared of how out of shape you have gotten.

I know that some of you haven't been in the pool for a very long time.

I also know that I witnessed many of you dig deep last year and fight through those fears and obstacles and transform your life for the better.

This week I have been watching this beautiful 16 month old girl fight harder than anyone I have ever seen before.

The time has come for you to find out how strong and tough you are.

See you on Tuesday

- Coach Steve